Monday 12 November 2018

The maiden outing

For those who are interested, my Brompton is an H6R. The H refers to the type of handlebars. I opted for the most upright riding position as I have a slightly dodgy neck which doesn't like a position where my neck vertebrae are compressed for any length of time. The 6 refers to 6 gears and I went for the one with -12% lowered gearing for, I'm told, better hill climbing. Finally, the R means that I have mudguards front and back and a rear carrier with little wheels attached which make transporting it very easy.

I chose a Brooks leather saddle and dynamo lighting.

On Saturday, I applied some Brooks Proofide to the Brooks leather saddle. There wasn't much in the little sachet that came with the bike but presumably it was enough. I shall have to buy a tin although whether it is any better than the Nikwax I put on leather boots, I don't really know.

On Sunday, I went out for a spin of five miles. It seems fine, although there is one little problem which I shall have to ask Walton Street Cycles about. The seat post, although it seems tightened, slips a little when I am in motion and this is very annoying so, several times, I had to stop and adjust the height of the seat.

Apart from this, I think I am going to like the bike very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Camping in the Somerset Levels

At last a camping weekend. With members of the Backpackers Club, cycle camping, not the usual backpacking. I loaded the bike in the back of ...